Flaps is an easy-to-use & end-to-end API that lets developers build AI-powered search engines for unstructured data, with an open-source approach, backed by leading Deep Tech VCs and top business angels in the SaaS B2B sector.
Flaps is on a mission to revolutionize how humans find complex data and now we are looking for a software engineer with love for Python.
Do you want to be part of a team that will transform humans’ access to information? Do you want to experience the fast speed of a startup with global envision?
About the job
Flaps’s software engineers develop the next-generation of technologies to help developers build AI-powered engines for unstructured data. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of professional software development experience, or 1 year with an advanced degree.
- Experience with software development in Python.
- Experience in one or more of the following: architecting/developing large scale distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading, and synchronization.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience using, designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience using asynchronous patterns, preferably asyncio
- Experience debugging, profiling and optimizing python code
- Understanding of technologies such as Kubernetes, GitOps, CI/CD, event source.
- Understanding of technologies like Jetstream of Kafka.
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your background in distributed systems.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Experience leading open-source projects.
- Experience writing high-performance applications.
- Experience processing data from unstructured sources.
Our team is fully distributed, and our members work, as an example from Catalonia, Spain, France, or the U.S.
How to apply?
If you’re passionate about software development and eager to learn, we’d like to meet you. Please send us an email with your resume or LinkedIn profile at careers(@)flaps.io
One thing we have found helpful to communicate in this first email: some projects, pieces of code, or blog posts you are particularly proud of.